"School"


Knowing who I am, I feel that I need to start "schooling" my son "officially" come September. I need to be able to get into a routine, tweak things, and ease him into a lifestyle of learning before I actually do start homeschooling. Today, I came up with a small curriculum of sorts appropriate for my 1 1/2 year old. It'll only be a few minutes a day, but I feel best for the both of us. Even if it does nothing but establish a routine of learning and accomplish together-time, it'll be a positive experience.


Here's what I've come up with:


Language: Reading stories, Alphabet

Math: Counting, Patterns

Art: Scribbling, Shapes, Colors

Music: Songs, Sounds, Instruments

Other: Picture exploration, flash cards, imitation, naming games, Slow and Steady

Well, I'm off to search for more cloth diapers!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have you looked into "Slow and Steady Get Me Ready?" It goes from birth to age 5 or so. :-)

Also, it's never too early for you to start studying up and prepping for homeschool for when your little guy is ready to start reading, writing, and hitting the books.

Two books I'd suggest you get and read are "The Well-Trained Mind," and "Teaching the Trivium."

Of, if you're already read them, what did you think? :-)

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...