Reading and a Trial


First of all, I wanted to share a picture I took this morning of dawn's earliest light. This is out my bedroom window. I did modify the picture by using the watercolor setting on my photo editor. It was the colors I wanted to capture anyway. I just love being able to enjoy the sunrises and sunsets nearly every day.

I saw a study somewhere that said something like 1 in 4 Americans hasn't read a book in a year. Or maybe it was only 1 in 4 Americans has read a book in a year. It's not often that I get to sit down and pour through a book. I've been blaming my busy-ness as a mother, but to be honest, I need to get back into the habit because a homeschooling mother should be up on her reading. So, I pulled a book off the shelf recently. It's an original 1907 copy of the book SUSAN by Ernest Oldmeadow. It's a really easy read, kind of like one of those laze in the shade on a summer's day reads. It is definately not high literature. But, it's cute and it's getting me into a habit of reading again. It's better than watching TV or a movie. Movies and TV give me night-long strange dreams that often leave me exhausted in the morning. Books tend to give me more pleasant dreams.
I've started a week-long trial period of reducing my time online. Thursdays don't count because that's the day I set aside for doing extensive computer work for my businesses and playing catch-up.
So, now I'm disciplining myself to only going online once a day and that's AFTER my chores are done. I usually pop on because I think of something and don't want to forget it. So, to avoid forgetting, I purchased a looseleaf notebook to write down everything I want to look up online.
We'll see how it goes. I'm eager to find more time in my days. I know it's there.

Comments

Mimi said…
I was so saddened by that report. I can't even verbalize it.

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...