Sweet Husband...My wish list

We've only just moved a week ago, and my dear husband insists we go to Maryland this weekend. *pout* He firmly believes we need to get away, as I have said in previous posts. Almost all day, I just stewed, wanting to grab him by the ears and make him understand that going away is more stressful for me than staying amid the boxes. But, for some reason, God has given this man wisdom to see into my weaknesses, one of them being a hermit of sorts. Perhaps we DO need to get away. My pride makes me not want to admit it. My personal sense of reason tells me to just stay and feather the nest. My husband says, "no." But I can't be mad at him. He's been so gentle and loving, seeing the strain on my face, hearing the weariness in my voice, and noticing the "blues" in my eyes. He only wants what's best for me.

He came in this evening from changing the oil in his truck and kissed me on the head, saying, "You look like you needed that." And I did.

I'm also excited that when I mentioned that I needed a place to start a compost, he suggested we get a compost tumbler! I've been wanting one of those (possibly two, but lets not push it)! I think my excitement took him by surprise. I mean, wives are supposed to get excited about jewelry, vacations, spas, manicures and shopping sprees. I get excited about compost.

Although, I think he's started something. I'm forming a wishlist for this new house. However, I really don't want to clutter it all up....time to make some choices. Luckily (or unluckily, depending on how you look at it) finances usually makes the decision for us.

1. Compost tumbler
2. Bread machine so I can bake bread in the summer time without cooking the whole house
3. Excalibur dehydrator

Oh, I know there's more, but I can't think of them right now....

ladyscott

Comments

Anonymous said…
My wish list is:

sewing machine

vacuum cleaner

I can relate. Save the jewelery and fancy stuff for something else. I just want stuff that I can use.

I got a bread machine for Christmas, and I love it! I've used it to make various breads (we only eat homemade bread), and jams. That thing is great!

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...