A few more brick walls to bang my head against

Woah, what a day! I had to apply for last minute homeowners. The insurance company wasn't happy, but they were nice and complied with my last minute wishes. However, I got a call back from them saying that I was denied because I own a "dangerous breed dog." I have an American Staffordshire Terrier (a close relative to the pit bull...in fact the AKC shows them as the same breed). She is the sweetest, nicest dog as many of them are. Well, thanks to media hype (most "pit bull" attacks aren't even American Pit Bull Terriers or American Staffordshire Terriers) and sue happy creeps, I couldn't get homeowners. Finally, my agent found someone who'll insure our home with our dog, but we can't have liability insurance. I've been bitten by just about every kind of dog moreso then I've ever been bitten by a pit bull!

So, I took what I could because I need it for closing, but I'm doing heavy searching to find a company that'll give us a decent rate, liability and who just doesn't care that we have a sweet, harmless doggy just like millions of other Americans.

I also couldn't find a shower curtain. Searching and searching led to nothing, so finally, I settled on a semi-sheer white one with a little ribbon embroidery. Hopefully, hubby won't mind that bit of femininity.

At least the closing is still on for tomorrow!

ladyscott

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...