Quiet

Listen....do you hear it? It's quiet here. Something my husband and I have wanted. Peace and quiet. Just the sound of the birds, the rustle of leaves, a dog barking in the distance. I never realized how strange it would be.

I grew up in a large family at an intersection between two schools. It was rural, but there was still plenty of noise, especially when 3 of us 5 children were teenagers and each had our own taste in music and would play it all at the same time! My oldest brother would play classical. My older brother would play classic rock. I would play showtunes. Not to mention that the neighbors on one side had 3 children and a couple of ATVs. The neighbors in the small farm across the street had 5 children as well. We also lived close to a private airport and would often have small aircraft flying overhead. There was always noise.

But here, it's so quiet. I listened to talk radio most of yesterday just for another voice, another sound. Outside, I could hear the whirr of the silos in the grain farm next door, but inside, just quiet. So Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity kept me company for a while. :)

I suppose I should enjoy the quiet while it lasts before the pitter patter of little feet takes it away. :)

ladyscott

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...