Back Home?!

We have returned from our trip to Maryland, and yes, my dear husband was right. I knew he was. I'm so glad God gave him to me! He knew exactly what I needed....a trip away. We had such a great time and no problems with the drive. Plus, when we got home, dear husband made me dinner.

The nice thing was we moved closer to the thru way, so we got home sooner. When I walked through the door, it almost felt like home. Although, I was upset at myself for leaving dirty dishes in the sink before I left. Ah well, they'll just have to be cleaned up today!

Things have mysteriously changed while we were away. We left a lawn, and returned home to a rain forest! I need to borrow some sheep or goats to help cut it down to mow-able size! The fish in the pond faired well without food or the fountain turned on. Luckily, it didn't get too warm to do them harm and there is a continued supply of mosquitoes and their eggs to keep the goldfish fed.

Also, the weather has taken a turn for the better. It's in the 70's during the day and sunny. Time to work on the garden! Most people got their gardens in over the weekend. I'm behind. Mine isn't even tilled yet. I'll see what I can do by hand. I could use the work-out.

I am eager to get back on track, though, back into routine. It'll be an effort because I'm fighting an infection in my mouth brought on by the cutting of a new wisdom tooth. I keep teasing that I need a teething ring! It is quite painful, though. I'm gargling with antiseptic listerine often, and apply listerine directly to the infection via cotton swab. I have sympathy for my nephew who is at this time cutting his baby teeth molars and having a hard time with it. Molars hurt.

Besides getting the garden in this week, I'd like to paint the kitchen and paint the alcove off the kitchen. I'd also like to get some boarder and stone for a path from the driveway to the breezeway. Right now, it's just dirt and dirt mixed with water equals mud.

lady_scott


Comments

Anonymous said…
Welcome back. I'm glad you had fun. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...