Mothers...the original multi-taskers!

I am a notorious multi-tasker. I think you have to be when you're a mother. I'm always trying to find ways to fit more things into a day without going crazy. It's gotten to the point where just doing one thing is relaxing and even a little strange.

When I exercise, I watch the news. When I watch TV (hubby and I get one channel, FOX, so we watch So You Think You Can Dance), I like to do a crossword puzzle or some hand-sewing. When my computer loads, I fold laundry. When my son needs to burn some energy, we go outside. He plays and I weed and do yard work. He usually ends up helping me. Often, I have two web browsers going on at once on my computer. While one's loading, I'm working on another one.

I don't know how I do it. I also don't know how I'm managing being the first one up, the last one to bed and keeping up with a hyperactive dog and a toddler who's full of energy (mostly kinetic). By the grace of God is my only answer. But I wouldn't trade this for anything! I like that I'm busy. I like that I'm organized (for the most part). I like that I can get things done. I get more done now than I ever did in my first 4 years of marriage.

Who says SAHM don't have any job skills!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...