Best Face Forward

Apparently, women who wear make-up daily can absorb 5 lbs of cosmetic chemicals per year!

Parabens, found in some cosmetics and I believe anti-persperants have been found in breast tumors.

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is a known skin irritant and is often found in soaps and shampoos.

Using multiple cosmetics can cause "chemical warfare" on your skin and in your body. Companies don't test their products with products from another company.

I've recently started cutting back on my cosmetic use. When I was a teenager, I was mostly a foundation girl because of my acne. When I started working, I went all out with make-up. Then, after I got married, I cut it back to foundation and blush. After a few years of marriage, and a pregnancy that helped clear my skin, I cut back my make-up use a little more. When mineral make-up became popular, I used that more. Now, I avoid make-up on days I'm home and usually only wear the mineral powder. Occassionally, I go all out with my make-up.

As for soaps, I'm considering switching to Scottish Lye Soap made the old-fashioned way in a cast iron pot that's more than 200 years old. The link is on this page.

I still haven't tried the baking soda and cider vinegar treatment to replace shampoo. Maybe I will this week and let you know how it works. I still love that witch hazel and bag balm, though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...