Foggy Day, Busy Day


This is exactly where I'd like to be now. In my bed! But, I have a busy day today and a head start on it, too, so I'm taking advantage of that.

Sometimes, I like foggy mornings. I feel all wrapped up and cozy. I particularly like them in the autumn when the leaves are all changed and the air is cool. Still, nothing beats and beautiful, sunshiny morning.

I wanted to share some unlikely cosmetics. My shin skin is rather sensative. It's prone to razor burn. Most lotions negatively react to that skin and cause burning and rashes. Shaving alone can cause issues, too. So, I've been desperate the soothe, soften and heal the skin on my shins and knee caps. I started a routine of unlikely cosmetics that's working great!

After I shave (every other day), I wipe the shin and knee areas down with witch hazel. Witch hazel is an anti-inflammatory which helps keep redness and inflamation down. In my opinion, witch hazel is the best toner out there if you have inflamation-prone skin. Then, I gently, in a downward motion, rub vitamin E oil (pharmacy department at Walmart) into my shins and knees. Before bed, I rub the same way Bag Balm into my shins and knees. That's right, Bag Balm. This stuff is my all-purpose miracle balm. I put it on my cuts, rashes, scrapes and blisters and the pain goes away and the healing seems to speed up. It's a great moisturizer. In the wintertime, I rub it on my hands and wear gloves to bed. It's great stuff! You can get it in the pet department at Walmart.

Continuing....on my non-shaving days, I do the same routine, but I'll skip the witch hazel if the inflammation and redness is hardly there. My skin looks so much better. It feels better, and shaving is easier.

The only commercial lotion on the market that I can put on my shin skin without reaction is Burts Bees Milk and Honey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...