Heartburn!! Insomnia!

I'm getting really tired of this chronic pregnancy heartburn! No more bacon, no more spaghetti sauce or pizza, no more grilled cheese sandwiches. Even if I brown meat, drain it and add it to a casserole, I get heartburn from it. Carbs and steamed or raw veggies and lower-acid fruits are about the only things left for me to eat. To keep my protein up, I eat small amounts of fish okayed by my doctor, chicken, eggs (not fried) and yogurt. Otherwise, I'm hitting the Maylox bottle two to three times a day! Blech....well...at least I'll eat healthier. I think it's wise to keep an eye on what I eat and to be careful AND creative. The other night, I had whole wheat couscous with steamed carrots, broccoli and corn. It was good and filling! (The men got pork chops and french fries). And I didn't get heartburn.

I made the mistake of eating some bacon today....just a little! But it was enough to set off heartburn. I think playing with my dog and bending over a lot helped it along. So that's got me awake. Also, I'm hungry, thirsty, stomach-achy, twitchy, my brain won't shut up and the baby kicks the snot out of me whenever I lay down. So here I am.

I'll try to re-hit the sack at midnight.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know this may sound crazy, but next time you get heartburn try taking 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar diluted in a little bit of water. The extra acid from the vinegar will help your food breakdown faster. Your heartburn is coming from your stomach emptying too slowly and baby taking up all the room, this causes the food to sit longer in you stomach and it backs up into your throat causing the heartburn.
The apple cider vinegar should help, I used it during my last pregnancy almost everyday.
Anonymous said…
I completely understand! I'll be there myself soon. :)
Kathryn said…
I got heartburn even from drinking water when I was pregnant, so you are blessed to at least have some stuff you can eat. Have you tried Tums? Thats what my doctor recommended and they have extra calcium too. I haven't had a bit of heartburn since the day after I had the baby. So, take heart. ;-)
Kate said…
I have used tums, but they don't touch the heartburn unless it's really mild. Sometimes, even water aggrivates it. Sometimes, it comes no matter what....Well, I have just over 3 more months to go! I think I can hold on that long. :)

ladyscott
Kathryn said…
There are over the counter pills to take, also, can't remember what they are. I got the Walmart brand and they really helped. I know that its caused by the pregnancy, but you don't want to damage your esophagus, either. I'm not big on taking pills, but it nearly did me in...it was a never ending cycle of hearburn, upset stomach, and throwing up.

The best thing is that it is only a temporary thing! ;-) And you get a baby out of the deal....I'd say its worth it.

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...