Decluttering: Where to Start?

Clutter can become overwhelming fast. Clutter can alter your mood and the mood of your household. Clutter can make a clean house seem dirty. Clutter can cause anxiety. All this and it's hard to know where to begin in the decluttering process.

I suggest starting with the master bedroom. That should be the first room you declutter. Why is that? Isn't that the room guests are least likely to see? Can't I just shut the door and ignore the clutter the rest of the day?

Decluttering your master bedroom should be first on your list because your bedroom is where you get your rest. Clutter causes anxiety. Clutter alters your mood. Clutter can keep you from sleeping soundly. Also, especially if you're married, the master bedroom is a sanctuary for you and hubby. The master bedroom is a special place. You should treat it as one. It should NOT be a storage space, a catch-all, or an untidy mess. It should be relaxing; a place where you can breathe a sigh of relief. A place where you can concentrate on something or think of nothing at all. This is very important. If it's cluttered, it becomes a space you don't want to be in. It's no longer a sanctuary. You can no longer be relaxed in it.

So, I urge you to start decluttering in the master bedroom. Then, you can sleep more soundly and feel more relaxed and ready to tackle the rest of the house. :)

ladyscott

Comments

CallaLilly said…
I also like to particularly keep uncluttered areas where my husband "lives" such as the bedroom and his study. This reminds me that soon I need to clean out the garage in order that my husband feels a true "welcome home."

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...