Beating Blues and Blahs

Lately, I've been having a case of the blues....or perhaps the blahs. I haven't quite pinpointed it yet. What's the difference, you ask?

The blues are when you're a bit depressed.
The blahs are just when you're having a lazy, don't-feel-like-doing-anything day, or an I'm-not-feeling-100%-for-no-real-reason day.

Either way, they pretty much amount to the same thing. Poorer health and a wasted day. I may have a case of winter-time blues and I know I definately have the blahs. I'm not sick, I'm just feeling pregnant. Usually, I'd try to ride it out, but I know this time it's just going to continue. It's not like I'm in the first trimester looking forward to my second trimester where I feel a LOT better. I'm heading into the home stretch now, and every day seems to be becoming more and more of a challenge.

I've realized that the best way to combat this is to take care of myself. That's easier said than done, so I made up a daily chart for my Health and Well-Being. It's not good to be lazy and blue, especially when pregnant. I firmly believe that attitude and good health greatly contribute to having a better delivery, recovery and less of a chance of post-partum depression.

My chart consists of the date, a special note to myself and sections on my Spiritual, Emotional, Physical and Social well-being. Did I pray today and read God's Word? What have I done to perk up my attitude? Have I exercised? Did I drink enough water? What did I eat? Who did I chit chat with or write a letter to?

For me, it takes discipline to get stuff like this done. Right now, taking care of myself is a top priority in my life because taking care of myself is the only way I can take care of my son. Besides, I like feel good!

ladyscott

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...