The Wanderer

The weather has taken a turn for the better. No storms, but it's still windy out. After hubby left for work, as tired as I was, I decided not to go back to bed. Instead, I've been a cleaning freak today! I scrubbed down the walls in the kitchen, swept and vacuumed the floors, cleaned the bathroom AGAIN, worked some more on the basement, organized some of the clothing in their boxes in the bedroom, and started work on the motif I'm hand painting in the dining room. (more on the motif later)

I was so eager to leave the house and get to JoAnn Fabrics and Walmart to start working on the porch, but I had to wait for the insurance gentleman to show up and evaluate the property. He came and was very pleasant and as soon as he left, I was out the door, completely forgetting that my mother was supposed to come over to visit.

Thus started the wandering. I tried getting ideas in the fabric store, but I didn't find anything that really struck me. I began second-guessing my patriotic theme in the porch. I'm not really big on themes. Styles, ok, but themes....not really. I checked out their foam pads to make a light mattress for the rope bed on the porch, but they didn't have anything wide enough and I HATE the feel of foam anyway. So over to Walmart. More wandering. I couldn't find a hamper I liked, the shades weren't the right size, I couldn't find anything foam-y that would fit the little rope bed.....

My mom was there too, so I was able to apologize for missing her and we did a little more wandering together. At least I got new blinds for the bathroom!

ladyscott

Comments

I thought I had the only family tant runs into other members in Walmart?! :)

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...