Plugging right along at the Cottage

Now that the garden is in and the yard tidied at the cottage, I have time for indoor work. This weekend, my mother is coming over to help me paint the kitchen and possibly the bathroom. (Hubby will be away this weekend.) In fact, it works out because this morning hubby asked when I was going to paint the kitchen.

Yesterday, I finished recovering the chairs for our tent. They turned out well and I'm inspired to do a bit more upholstering! My urge to sew has returned. DH has requested that I FINALLY finish his new banyan and matching weskit for re-enacting by next weekend! UGH! Crunch time, but I think I might be able to manage. He's also in dire need of another pair of fly front breeches, not to mention that I have stays and a gown to finish for a customer that same weekend!

Exactly 6 more months until my birthday! Also, since it's June, it's time to start thinking about Christmas. We spent so much money the last few Christmases, I'm thinking of making most of the gifts this year. So far, this is what I've decided:

My FIL is going to get a hand-embroidered boston terrier sofa pillow.
A friend of ours is going to get death's head buttons (a type of 18th century thread button)

My MIL needs a painting for above her couch in her living room. Perhaps I could paint one! I love to paint. She likes Monet and Thomas Kincade....perhaps I could do something inbetween....a Monet style cottage in the woods.....I like Bob Ross and perhaps I could do one of his paintings.

Also.....remember to visit my other two blogs:

www.acottagekitchen.blogspot.com (all about my kitchen at Taigh Beag)

www.strengthensherarms.blogspot.com (my health blog based on Prov. 31:17)

ladyscott

Comments

CallaLilly said…
You're thinking Christmas already??? Ah, the energy of youth....:)

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...