Glad for Gloomy Day

No, no, I'm not harboring some repressed depression. I do enjoy the occassional gloomy day. I really hope it rains and brings us some relief from this sweltering hot weather! The humidity really makes it unbearable.

I caved in and carried the other air conditioner from the shed, up the stairs and into the living room. I even managed to put it in the window and get it all set up! Now I feel like I have Rosie the Riveter bicepts! It is just too hot to be without it, especially since the living room has a huge west-facing picture window. Even with the shades drawn, it boils in here.

Now, perhaps the heat won't get the better of me. It did yesterday, and I ended up taking a 2 hour nap in the air conditioned bedroom. My doggy joined me and we dreamed away. It felt good, but I would have rather gotten things done.

I did manage to work on re-covering ladder back chair cusions. Hubby found this beautiful dark royal blue and gold fabric. I'm covering our chairs and his ottoman with it. He even had to drive me to Sears Hardware to purchase a staple gun! I got one on sale that can use many size staples and even brad nails!

I also cleaned the bathroom and did the laundry yesterday.

TODAY:

I never did dishes last night because we watched "Finding Neverland." So that's the main thing. In fact, I'm going to clean the kitchen today. Then I'll work on the chairs again. I also have loads of on-line work to do.

So, I best get started!

Comments

Donna Boucher said…
Hi there!
I posted another comment a little bit down...
Did you like Finding Neverland?

Donna
I'd like to know, too; did you like Finding Neverland?

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...