Fine Weather=lots to do!

Yesterday I was so busy, but it felt good! After all those errands, I finally got some planting in. After hubby came home and we had pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast, he asked me the question. "Did you get a weed whacker?"

I hate when hubby asks me to do something and I didn't do it and then he inquires about it. Even when I have a good excuse like, "they were out of the one's you wanted." He just shrugged his shoulders and said that he didn't care, so long as it was a gas powered weed whacker. So, I pulled the car out of the garage and drove up to get one, quite happily for my dear husband. He was quite pleased with it and proceeded to mow and weed whack our rain forest of a yard. It was so thick, it left clumps of grass all over the place. With lawn mower running, I told my dear husband that I was going to rake the lawn for him. He thought I told HIM to rake the lawn. He looked so wearied and upset and I couldn't understand why, so I just started raking. He turned off the mower and with a pleased and relieved look on his face, he admitted to not hearing me right and was thankful that I took up the rake.

Unfortunately, he went crazy with the weed whacker and decapitated Vern the Fern, a tiny, struggling fern plant that was my SIL's favorite little plant. Hubby assured me that Vern would grow back.

Today, I have to expand the strawberry bed and figure out where else to put the rest of the flowers I have. I could use more dirt, too. I really didn't want to head to Walmart today, but I think I'm going to have to. I'd also like to get in more of the garden. It's getting really late.

ladyscott

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...