Oh, what a night!

A bleary-eyed ladyscott is checking in. Last night, Bubby was all congested and had a hard time breathing. Every time his nose plugged up, he'd wake up crying, coughing and trying to de-booger. I put the humidifier in his room, but it didn't help much. I wanted to keep an eye on him and be able to quickly soothe him every time he woke up, so I ended up sleeping on sofa cusions on his floor. Oh, what very little sleep I got. He's doing much better this morning and is relaxing in his crib right now. I want him to get plenty of rest this morning....and I could use some, too.

Yesterday was pretty productive. I got my finances taken care of for the week. Bubby and I picked through the garden. I got two loads of laundry done. I baked yeasted buttermilk bread. Vacuumed, tidied, "homeschooled," exercised and even relaxed for 3 minutes with an old Victoria magazine. Lastly, I put up 2 quarts of ratattouille, 3 quarts of potatoes, 3 pints of beets and 2 quarts and 1 pint of tomato sauce.

Today, I'm taking it easy. I do have errands to run and the usual daily household chores and work to do for my web-based business. It's going to be a beautiful day today, so I'll make sure Bubby and I have some time in the great outdoors. Maybe we can go for a hike in the woods next door to our house.

Oh, one more thing. Bubby is so adorable! He's so eager to help. Yesterday, when I was folding laundry, he would come in for one of his items and take it to his room and put it in his drawer, then come back and repeat. I praised him up and down for being such a great helper. Regardless that I had to go into his room and refold the clothes and put things where they really belonged, I felt it was a small sacrifice for the lesson he was taught on helping. He also loves to help pick tomatoes. I've tried and tried, but I can't seem to get him to understand that the green ones stay on the plant. I decided to keep trying, but at the same time, sacrificing a few green tomatoes is worth it for the lessons he's learning and the encouragement he gets from helping Mommy.

He also enjoys rinsing dishes and now knows how to turn off the videos and shut the doors to the TV armoire. He also likes to help Mommy mail letters (he puts the letters in the box and raises the flag), he's very good at shutting doors behind him, and he's pretty good about cleaning up his toys either on his own or when he's asked to. He can follow two part directions for the most part.

The best part is, he enjoys all of this! Of course, he gets plenty of playtime, rest, good healthy foods, fresh air, and most importantly LOVE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...