Another Cheesy post

I tried my homemade cottage cheese today. I used it in a ziti dish. It's rather like ricotta rather than cottage cheese. Hubby liked it. I thought it was good, too. Here's the recipe:

Cottage cheese:1 gallon 2%,1% or skim milk1/2 c. vinegar directions: Heat milk until ALMOST boiling, turn off heat. Add Vinegar, then cool a bit. Pour through a cheese cloth lined strainer, and set until the whey drains off. Great in lasagna, with pasta, with fruit, or plain. You can add salt if you want to.

I used whole milk, but am going to try it with skim.

ladyscott

Comments

Mimi said…
I've never made homemade cheese before, yum~!
One Of Them said…
How much cheese does this recipe yeild?

thanks,

angie

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...