Friday, May 18, 2007

The Past 24

The past 24 hours have definately proved to make

It all started while I was on the phone with a friend of mine. She had called to see what our weekend plans were and to chit chat about my pregnancy. She's a midwife. Well, towards the end of the phone call I started feeling faint and light-headed. So, I ended the call, changed into jammies, grabbed some extra pillows and laid down with my feet up. That stopped the fainting, but triggered a dizzy spell. I had to go out on the sofa because I have to sleep upright when I'm dizzy. On the way, I lost my sense of balance so I knew I was in for one terrific spell. On top of all this I have a cold and I'm experiencing typical first trimester symptoms along with shortness of breath and anxiety (two symptoms I'm having with this pregnancy that I didn't have when I was pregnant with Bubby.)

Speaking of Bubby, he decided that he needed two bottles during the course of the night. Hubby was so exhausted, my dear man works so hard, he slept through the cries. It was up to Mommy. Thank God for His strength to get me through such times.

So, after a miserable night I felt terrible this morning. By 8 am, Bubby was ready for get out of his crib, so I had to start my day. I changed Bubby's diaper in his crib, threw some cheerios in a bowl and had him sit in the living room while I crashed on the sofa.

However, I knew I had to get up because hubby and I had a busy day ahead of us. Could I make it? I prayed to God I would. I felt sick and off balance while I managed to get Bubby dressed and myself dressed and the diaper bag packed. Hubby took over care of Bubby while I did what I could. We were out the door ahead of schedule to drop the baby off at my folks' house. Then, hubby and I had to go to the doctor's office. Thankfully, by the time we got there my dizziness and loss of balance were completely gone, even though the cold symptoms were worse and I felt a bit nauseated.

Hubby's appointment was complete and hubby dropped me off at my folks' house while he went on to work. I had just enough time to barely manage to eat some waffles before I had to leave to pick up hubby's truck that was in for repair. Ok, now I'm ready to go home. I've got the baby in the car seat and off we go. Well...almost. About a mile down the road, the truck breaks down. I parked the truck, turned on the four ways, grabbed the baby and diaper bag and flagged down a fellow mowing his lawn. He was nice. He let me use his phone, offered me a Pepsi and offered for me to wait on his porch. I called my dad, my dad called the mechanic. Both came up to "rescue" me. The mechanic drove hubby's truck back to the shop. Dad drove the mechanic's car back to the shop. I drove dad's truck back to his house.

Bubby went down for a nap and I rested.

I called hubby when he got out of work to come pick us up. Boy, was I glad to get home!

In the meantime, I've been playing phone tag with my OB/GYN's office about my antivert pills. Can I take them while pregnant? The nurse said I could, the doctor said he wanted to talk to me at my visit next week and if I could avoid taking the pills to not take them. I know virtually any medication should not be taken while pregnant, but hopefully I can take the antivert. I need to function when I have these spells. I have a baby to take care of. These spells literally render me useless. If I get up to walk, I'll aim for the door and walk into the wall. I stumble and fall and can't see straight. If I stare at the opposite wall, the picture on it will wiggle back and forth. I have to recline in a certain position, close my eyes or go to sleep. The spells can last 10-12 hours. What's a mom to do with a 1 year old? Thankfully, they usually happen at night.

So, that's been my day. How was yours?

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Praying for you!