Isn't it silly we have to put disclaimers on nearly everything now? Since this is a health-related post, I feel I must put a disclaimer on this post....
DISCLAIMER: I am merely blogging about what I do when I get a sore throat. I'm not advocating that anyone tries this or that this is a cure-all. As with any health-related issue, consult your physician first and use common sense.
I hate sore throats. Not "dislike," I HATE them. LOATHE them. When I feel that first scratch, my battle starts. I take these steps to relieve, shorten and sometimes even prevent a full-blown sore throat:
1. Increase fluid intake.
2. Increase immune boosting supplements.
3. GARGLE....I'll gargle every hour except when I'm sleeping with either listerine or warm salt water.
4. If I'm not pregnant, I take a shot of scotch before bedtime.
5. Blow my nose...get those boogies draining.
6. Go ahead and hack up a loogie....it's totally unfeminine and discusting, but sometimes it is post nasal drip or an accumulation of mucus causing the sore throat.
7. Make sure my ears aren't infected.