Keep on keepin' on

Morning sickness has struck. Of course, my morning sickness doesn't occur just in the morning. It's an all day affair, other than in the evening. I actually feel pretty good in the evening. I thank God that it isn't bad, though. So many women have it much worse. I have an uneasy/queasy feeling rather than out and out nausea. I occassionally get waves of nausea, but I never actually throw up. I don't sleep well at night, but am fatigued during the day, but not enough to really hinder me. I eat well, but I have to be careful what I eat. What I had a taste for an hour ago might turn my stomach now. Cold cereals, apple sauce, grilled cheese sandwiches and altoids are my staples now. Water churns my stomach, so I have to sip it throughout the day, alternating with some gingerale. Peppermint tea is a life saver.

Still, I need to adjust my days. I can't do as many chores in one day. I've gotten to the point where I need at least one small nap a day. I take that when my son naps.

I also try to exercise every day. That helps in so many areas. It releaves nausea, it keeps me in shape, it gives me energy, it helps me sleep better and it keeps my mood up.

It's busy to grow a baby! It's even busier to grow a baby and raise a toddler!

....as a side note, Bubby is just SO CUTE!! He gives kisses now. He also has his own language. The only problem is, I don't understand it! He's beyod the basic reasons for crying (hurt, hungry, thirsty, sleepy, etc). He will now cry for more complex reasons that he can only explain in Bubby-talk. I ask questions and he gets frustrated. It seems to stem from indecision or a desire to have something he's not supposed to have. Otherwise, his use of the English language is growing rapidly. His favorite word is "Daddy." He knows who Daddy is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...