A Little Leaven


www.allposters.com Still Life, Bread
Actually, this post isn't about bread at all. It's about the church and 1 Corinthians 5. I read it this morning and for the first time this verse finally made personal sense to me....1 Cor. 5:6 "Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?"
This chapter is about sin in the church (Christian) body. I suddenly realized when I read this that my sins affect not just me, but my church family and my own family. Personal sins can hinder a church's growth and worship. It can hinder the blessings for your family. I finally realized that sins, even the "little" ones that don't really hurt anyone actually do hurt everyone. A little leaven leavens the whole lump.
Thank God for God. Thank God for His enduring mercy, forgiveness and grace. It isn't hopeless. It's so hopeful!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...