Garage Sale Cookbooks

There was a garage sale today not to far from where I live. I stopped by and bought some cookbooks!

I got one published in 1942 called "500 Food-Extender wartime Recipes." If you're a regular on this blog, you know how I'm interested in vintage housekeeping and the eras of the 30's-50's. I can't wait to thumb through this cookbook!

In an effort to cook with a more healthful alternative to sugar, I picked up this little recipe book "My Favorite Honey Recipes." Techinically, honey is on my anti-inflammatory NO list, but I'll still cook with it.

I picked up FOUR books on canning. I already have a couple of books on canning and preserving, but I've found you can never have enough. Each book seems to have their own methods and recipes. One of the book is part of a series I have from the USDA. Now, I think my series is complete!

I live in Upstate New York. We've got plenty of apples. So I picked out the "Apple Kitchen Cookbook."

Last, but not least, I got the Betty Crocker Cookie Book. I'm always looking for cookie recipes.

Comments

Carol D said…
Do you have a way to scan and post pages from that old cookbook? It sounds just wonderful. I love old cookbooks.

Thanks

Carol D

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...