My Garden


www.allposters.com Mark Bolton

Every day, I've been working in my gardens and yard. I've got the strawberries, rhubarb, morning glories, basil, blueberry, oregano and garlic in. My early veggies should have been in already, but I'm dependent on my neighbor who comes down every spring for free and spreads manure and rototills my garden. I can't whine at such generosity. The peas, spinach and parsnips can wait.

I'm also dependent on hubby concerning our asparagus. We still have not decided where to put them. I fear they are dead in the fridge. They, too should have been in the ground already. But, what can you do.

I also transplanted some raspberry bushes, cleaned out the hedgerow, cut down some low branches and uprooted some thistle plants.

Lately, I've been considering growing roses for their rose hips. Research on rose hips revealed not only are they high in vitamin C, but they're chock full of all sorts of good stuff. Also, the US government during WWII encouraged rosehips to be grown in victory gardens for their nutritional value. It's too late this year, but next year, it's definately on my list. I'm going to buy a couple of Rugosas and hopefully harvest some decent rose hips.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...