Treasure Hunt

I live across the street from an old one-room schoolhouse. My neighbor owns it and uses it for storage, but a lot of the stuff is still in there. He's been cleaning it out and let my husband know that if I wanted any of the old school books I was welcome to them. I came home with 4 or 5 milk-crates full of old school books, most dating from the 1920's to 1950's! They're not in the best of shape, some having been a little mouse-eaten and well-worn. I don't really mind, though. So long as they're readable. I did avoid taking books that are obviously outdated. There have been so many changes in the world and new discoveries in science that related books from so many years ago simply aren't a good resource now.

Yesterday, I did more painting in the "school room." I'm in need of blue paint, so I'll be keeping an eye out on the "oops paints" at Home Depot and Lowes. I'm actually considering painting the cement floor. Hmmmm.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...