Baby Weight Update

I don't own a scale, so I won't be able to tell you what my weekly weigh-in is. I guess I could stop by my parents' house today and use their doctor's scale.

I was quite surprised I actually dropped nearly an inch everywhere, though I'm shocked to have gained 1/2" on the thighs. I am massively bloated below my waistline, probably due to the Italian Bridal Shower I attended yesterday. I kept my portions very controlled, but the salt content was more than my little body could handle.

I didn't exercise as much as I wanted to last week, but I had milk issues, so I didn't want to take calories away from milk production. My daughter had a 3 or 4 day growth spurt and for some reason my evening milk supply was inadequate, so we several evenings nursing every hour for several hours. I hand-extracted milk as well. Now, I have more than enough and baby girl is quite happy. I'm sure that helped burn some calories.

I started The Firm today. I did 1/2 an hour of the high-def workout. That's all I really had time for. Besides, I'm not one to spend loads of time working out. I'd rather burn my calories doing heavy-duty yard work or home maintenance or improvements. I'd also rather take my children and dog for a walk. Now THAT'S a sight to see. Petite me pushing a double stroller with one hand and walking a "pit bull" (she's not really a pit bull, but she looks like one) with the other. Usually, I'm wearing a skirt or dress as well! You should see the stares and waves I get!

I did notice with The Firm, that while I consider myself a beginner having to start from scratch due to my time off for pregnancy, working without the weights wasn't enough. I'm going to start off with just the handles, instead. I guess my arms are fairly strong from working with light weights prior and hauling around a 25 lb. toddler and an infant in a car seat/carrier.

In other weighty news, I'm really trying to cut back on my sugar intake, although cookies are my weakness (I'm down to 2 a day). However, to keep my milk adequate, I'm eating fatty, but lower calorie foods like eggs and my homemade yogurt (thanks again, Candy for that recipe). I've also started making the Yeasted Buttermilk Bread from Nourishing Traditions for healthier carb consumption.

I felt great after my workout! While showering, I thought what a disservice so many women do to themselves by not exercising even a little. Exercise alone changes so much in us for the better! Stronger, healthier, less hormonal, more awake, better sleep, better intimacy with hubby, less aches and pains, better mental awareness.....couple this with time with the Lord every day and it's amazing how healthy and accomplished a woman can feel and be!

So, get off your computer and MOVE! :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
You've reminded me that I must find an alternative form of exercise. My preferred method is cycling but I haven't done it for the last couple of weeks because my daughter has a cold and I would feel like I was being mean if I put her on the back of my bike while she has a cold. I also can't do it when the weather's bad for the same reason.

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...