Home Spa


Let's face it. Spa treatments and a jacuzzi aren't in the budget. To top it off, it is getting harder and harder to find a trustworthy babysitter these days. Mine ate a multi-vitamin and grew up all of a sudden and is off to college. Don'tcha hate how fast kids grow up?

Anyhow, a couple years ago, hubby treated me to a day spa. 1 hour massage, full mani and pedi treatment. Oh, I loved it. LOVED IT! I decided after that that the only way I'd support Obamacare would be if such treatment was included. ;b

I've been wanting to treat myself again, but let's face it (again), it ain't gonna happen. I compromised by having my son drive his toy tractors on my back and taking showers while laying in a tub with the plug in.

I guess I got spoiled because it wasn't enough.

2011 Christmas season gave me an upgrade for my "home spa."


My parents got me the Conair Hydrotherapy Footbath Massager with Heat. Oooohhh....that was the springboard into my other purchases. It felt good! Not as good as a pedicure with massage, but hey, no machine can take the place of a human. By the way, don't you just love the sexy pointed foot in the picture. I thought that went out with cigarette ads in magazines! LOL!

Of course, in my search for the picture with the pointed foot, I found THIS foot bath massager, and now I want this one!


A trip to our brand new, local Kohl's yielded me this beauty. It's the Homedics Shiatsu Massage Cushion with Heat. Inexpensive (at least at Christmas time), and it works pretty well! Again, nothing like human hands, but it really does a good job. I use it on my back and even my feet. It's been a blessing with the aches and pains of this pregnancy.



My Kohl's shopping trip also got me this! It's not a fancy jacuzzi, but it does work pretty well! The jets are soothing in either jet or bubbly. They're adjustable and you can move the unit up and down your tub side to pinpoint where you want it. It won't break up muscle knots a jacuzzi, but the movement of water is very soothing. It's also got a nice white noise to it. Not too loud. It gives those rare soaking baths I take that extra little something.

So, while I feel a little twinge of guilt having bought some non necessities, I try to remember that I do a LOT and could use these treats. Plus, hubby is free to use them, too. The kiddos get a kick out of them. My sister tried the shiatsu massager and said, "I have to get one of these the next time I'm pregnant!" Life's little luxuries in a home with one simple bathroom. My own little home spa.....and far cheaper than the real deal!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...