Strawberry-Rhubarb Cobbler

I reworked my cobbler recipe to make a healthier version:

I used my own canned rhubarb and strawberries which are canned in less sugar than store-bought strawberries. (I've never seen store-canned rhubarb). The fruit was thickened with arrowroot flour which is healthier than corn starch and imparts a nice flavor. The mix was then sweetened with 1 packet of Stevia in the Raw.

As for the biscuit topping, I reduced the butter from 2/3 cup to 1/2 a cup. I also reduced the sugar from 1/2 cup to 1/4 cup. Molasses and maple syrup were added to complete the missing refined sugar. Whole Wheat Graham flour, oats and flax seed replaced the white flour in the original recipe.

It is baking now, so the taste test will be for later.

Comments

Mimi said…
Yum that sounds good. I hope to can rhubarb this year.

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...