Revamping Cookbook Collection


Last night I watched "Julie and Julia." The recipes both ladies were cooking looked and sounded so good! Today I started thumbing through some of my cookbooks and noticed how so many of the recipes I already knew or weren't ones I found appetizing. Sorry, but recipes that include "onion soup mix" or "can of refrigerator buiscuts" just don't appeal to me. Not only are they discustingly unhealthy (MSG, high sodium and trans fats anyone?) but it's just not my taste.

I think I may add "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" to my wish list and once I go through it I may eliminate a few of my cookbooks.

Comments

Mimi said…
I go through the same thing with a lot of cookbooks - especially of the Pampered Chef type. I don't use the packaged biscuit doughs, seasoning packets, etc.

I'm a vegetarian, though, so I think I'll skip "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" :)

Enjoy

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...