Children are Garbage Magnets!

My family is helping me out by taking care of my children until Friday so I can rest up and prepare for the arrival of the baby.  This afternoon I tackled the kids' room.  We live in a small cottage, so all 3 children share the same room.  Thus, it becomes cluttered and messy quickly.  I have come to the conclusion that children are garbage magnets!  All the little bits of paper, cheap toys, fuzzy-backed stickers, broken crayons, etc etc etc that they manage to hold on to amazes me.

Children are cute and cute children tend to get gifts and hand-outs no matter where they go.  It seems well-meaning and kindly people, whether family, friends, clerks or strangers see adorable children and feel compelled to give them some little treat that winds up in my house.  Of course, I teach my children to accept the little blessing graciously, and they usually do, and then they may keep it for a time.  If I see it forgotten under the bed, it gets tossed.

Unfortunately, it also means that I'm throwing away stuff into our landfills.  I hate doing it, but I can't keep it in my house, either.  Some are able to just say no thanks, which is great.  Perhaps as my children age a little, I can encourage them to graciously decline.  Perhaps as they grow older, they will be less likely to receive little gifts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...