3 am and here I am!

Ah, pregnancy insomnia. But I don't mind now. I have obligations and duties to fulfill tomorrow, but thankfully they're on a loose schedule. I'm getting used to this being awake. I can't even remember the last time I slept through the night! At least I'm getting prepared for nighttime feedings!

This is actually a blessing because my SIL and brother are heavy sleepers. She will wake up when the baby cries, but it's very difficult for her.

I NEED 8 hours a night, but thankfully it doesn't have to be all at once. Also, I can function on fewer, but I usually end up having a "crash day" where I sleep for a long time during the day. They say you can't make up sleep, but I think that only applies to willingly being up. Like when someone parties, or when hubby and I go see a movie and don't get home until late. When my body forces me awake at one time, it asks me to sleep at another.

I've also noticed that my insomnia is sometimes linked to the amount of activity I do during the day. I sleep better when I exercise and/or have a busy day.

This, to me, is just another example of why women are designed to stay home!

ladyscott

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...