I Love My Bread Machine That Never Bakes


Years ago I bought a practically new bread machine at a garage sale for a steal. Fully intending on baking fresh loaves weekly, I wasn't prepared for the hole-filled bricks that would emerge. The machine went back into the cabinet.

Fast forward a couple of years. Out of necessity and interest, my father began baking breads. He has a few bread machines picked up at garage sales. I wasn't the only one unimpressed with what emerged from those machines. My father instead used the machines to mix and rise the dough, but shaped the loaves himself and baked them in the oven. I thought this clever, so I began doing the same. He is now one of the BEST bread makers I know. I'm telling you, his bread is superb! Mine is pretty good.

So, now I LOVE my bread machine. I use it to mix and rise my pizza dough, bread, and today, noodles! But, the machine never bakes. The kiddos love peering in to see the paddles work.

Comments

Dondi said…
I never use the bread machine for baking either. Once the dough is ready, I remove it, shape it and bake it myself. It makes a world of difference in the finished product and everyone raves about my bread now.

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...