Budget Menu

I don't have much left in my monthly grocery budget, so I've come up with a budget menu for the next 12 days. The 30th and 31st of this month I've left open for the time being.

Here's my budget menu:

Today, Saturday the 18th: I was supposed to make Chicken Strata, but I forgot to buy cream of mushroom soup. Rather than wasting gas to buy a can, I'm going to make a Fricasse of Chicken instead and serve it over brown rice.

Sunday 19th: hotdogs, homemade mac and cheese, steamed carrots from my garden.

Monday: Pork (that's in my freezer), smashed root vegetables made from left over roasted root vegetables, baked apples from my dad's trees

Tuesday: Drumsticks (that's in my freezer already), brown rice, squash from my trip to the farm.

Wednesday 22nd: If I have any left over chicken I'll make buiscuts and gravy. If not, I'm going to make a soup from whatever veggies I have in the house, some barley in my pantry and the chicken stock I made from the chicken feet I was given.

Thursday: Swiss mac and cheese (one of hubby's favorite dishes). If I have enough money, I'll get a good quality swiss. If not, I'll just use the swiss slices at Aldi. I'll add a side of steamed mixed veg from the bags of frozen veg you can get fairly inexpensively at the store.

Friday: Fish and chips. Boxes of battered fish fillets at Aldi aren't that expensive. The chips I'll make myself out of potatoes I have on hand. For a side dish, I'll make baked apples. Hubby loves baked apples.

Saturday 25th: Homemade pizza!

Sunday: Mushroom quiche and applesauce

Monday: We'll probably eat at my in-laws'

Tuesday: Another special treat for hubby, but not too expensive...Oktoberfest! Wurst, German potato salad, sourkraut

Wednesday: Mushroom pie....ooooohhhh this is good.

A few of these dishes are meatless, but they're favorites of hubby's so my carnivore shouldn't mind.

Comments

Elisabeth Black said…
We're binging on baked apples around here. :)

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...