Elderberries, etc.

We had our first frost this morning. As the leaves make quick changes to a variety of autumn hues, a bit of green arrived in the mail. My elderberry bushes arrived (as did my heirloom garlic). I was disappointed that the nursery was out of blueberries, but planting those elderberries in the crisp autumn noon-day erased my disappointment. I have credit at that nursery now that I can use later this winter when I order my spring plants.

I haven't been online in a couple of days and it'll probably be hit and miss for a while. I'm just so busy! Plus, I'm trying to save money and running the computer requires energy. It is frustrating that every time I work very hard to save money, something comes up to eat that savings right up. I won't balk, though, because it is rather amazing that the Lord provides just enough when the goings get tough.

I went to the grocery store yesterday because they often have day-old meats marked down. I was able to buy a steak for hubby, some boneless pork sirloins and a roasting chicken. Add a carton of organic plain whole milk yogurt (to refresh my homemade yogurt batch) and I spent just over $14.00. It wasn't the greatest savings, but it wasn't retail either.

The best though was I loaded my children and my parents in my car and we went to a farm a few towns over. I got 20 lbs of potatoes, a half a bushel of acorn squash, a half a peck of turnips, a jar of cinnamon, and a pie pumpkin for $10.00!

Other blessings yielded this week include my MIL buying Baby Girl a pack of diapers (she's in cloth part-time, so this pack will last!), my in-laws treating us to dinner in their home and giving us their ample left-overs, and my FIL giving me money for gas, and a friend giving me a can of formula!

Praise the Lord for His provisions and thanks to my friends and family for allowing Him to work through them.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...