Vintage House

My favorite magazine is Cottage Living. I've notice that most of the homes they feature that are older homes go through a modernization. These vintage homes are made to accomodate modern living. Of course, I don't have that kind of money. A challenge I have with this little cottage is finding places for modern things in a house that was built without the thought of microwaves and DVD's. My kitchen lacks in outlets and counter space simply because back when the place was built, there weren't such things as microwaves, coffee makers and toaster ovens. Those are the appliances that sit on the counter. My other appliances are put away: crock pot, bread machine, blender, food processor, roaster.

My living room was built before the need for storage for DVD's and videos.

My bedroom was built during a time when husbands and wives were content to sleep in a full size bed and not a california king.

Still, I enjoy the challenge and I enjoy living in a smaller home. Not only does it force me to keep only what is necessary, but it forces me outdoors more, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...