Snow, Nesting, Idea!!


There was a bit of a surprise this morning when I woke up. 8 1/2" of snow! That's not considered a storm where I live, though the media may paint it as one for the sake of a story. It's very lovely, nonetheless and once again, I'm gladly housebound. The picture is of the woods next door. Lovely!
I must be nesting because I've been rearranging furniture and staying up at night thinking about home improvements. Even this blog I'm not satisfied with the style and background color. So, bear with the changes, please. :)
One thing I always thought would be the bee's knees would be to have an official laundry room, preferably on the first floor. Right now I have a laundry area in the basement. I'm not complaining, not in the least. But, I am nesting and a laundry room always seems so charming to me.
Well, here's my idea. When we finally add the second storey on the house, we'll be knocking out the wall between the kitchen and the nursery to make an eat-in country kitchen. The nursery has a walk-in closet. It's not overly big, but it might be big enough. My first two thoughts for the closet were to either knock it out and square off the room completely, or turn it into a pantry. Both ideas have great merit. But now, I've added "laundry room" to the mix. Not only would I have the first floor official laundry room, but it would convenietly be right off the kitchen!
There are some glitches, though. I'd want at least one window in it and we'd have a bit of a mess getting the pipes where they needed to be. Still, it's another idea to throw into the Taigh Beag pot.
And just because my mind wandered this way, we're having hamburgers, fried potatoes and corn for dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...