Decorating Today and Lunch

Today is Christmas decorating day! My friend is coming over to help and I hope hubby is really pleased and comforted when he walks in the door. One nice thing about Christmas decorating is that when you clean it all up in January (I usually don't wait that long), it's like instant declutter! The house looks so open.

I only have enough money to buy a gallon of milk today. Yet, I must feed my dear friend! She prefers not to eat meat, though she's not a strict vegetarian. In her current displaced situation, she's been eating poorly and I know she'd enjoy a healthful, delicious meal. I have romaine lettuce, tomatoes, baby carrots, havarti cheese and pecans. SALAD! I'll also boil some eggs in case she wants to add an egg or have an egg salad sandwich.

I have tea and oatmeal cookies on hand, too.

Can you tell I'm REALLY trying to curb spending and work with what I have. My mom has a saying that keeps running through my head, "I do the best I can with what I have."

Comments

Jenny said…
I have a website about dealing with miscarriage (though inactive right now) and you posted on my site once. We've just gotten internet back after being without for a while and I decided to check out your site.

First of all let me say, congrats on the new baby! I hope and pray for your baby's healthy arrival.

I do have a question though, about the miscarriage you suffered in June. Your story sounded remarkably similar to my own, with the exception that after I delivered my son, I could not pass the placenta so I had a D&C. One week later, I started hemmoraging (sp) and was rushed to the ER, bleeding to death as you did, and had to have another D&C. The ER doctor, said my womb was full or clots. I remember being on the table (had an epidural too) and watching as my blood pressure dropped to like 70/50 or something like that.

At any rate, I just wanted to ask if your doctor(s) gave you any insight on what happened or caused this. Mine seemed to be stumped, the only explanation they offered was a "possible" clotting problem. I have been on aspirin/folic acid therapy for over a year, but we've yet to be able to conceive again.

Just wondered if you had any thoughts to share on the subject.

Thanks,

Jen

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...