Resolutions, Laundry Detergent

Yes, I jump on the New Year's Resolution Bandwagon every year. And yes, every year, I usually break them. This year, though, I'm doing something different. I'm praying over them and trusting in the Lord to help me keep them. I printed out 10 of them and left 10 more spaces to fill in and I'm going to keep them in my Home Management Binder. Here they are:

1. Maintain a written budget.
2. Keep on budget.
3. No impulse purchases or odd spending without hubby's explicit permission, or with my own saved money for such purposes. (some may say I'm just doormatting myself, but this is an area that I struggle with and I need accountability.)
4. I love eating our and ordering out, but no more unless hubby asks to and we have the means.
5. Organize and declutter, especially the basement (I've got a head-start on this one!)
6. Keep on nutritional track.
7. Cut down on debt.
8. Avoid adding to debt.
9. Use cash more (and credit and debit less)
10. Find ways to reduce, recycle and reuse.

******************************************
I ran out of laundry detergent and was admittedly too lazy to make another batch. So, I grabbed a bottle of baby body and hair wash, baking soda and some borax. A respective squirt, handful and shake of the box and my laundry came out clean, soft and smelling lovely! I think I'm hooked! The nice thing is, I can get the baby stuff pretty cheap at the dollar store, or even Walmart or the local grocery store or discount job lot. My mom gets bottles free at the grocery store with coupons she accumulates. Of course, Bubby still has his own bottles for his baths.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...