Busy Monday

It's been a busy day so far and it doesn't seem it'll lighten up any. I don't mind. It's nice to be this busy again and to be able to keep up! Laundry is almost done, too! It's been quite some time since I was able to get laundry done in half a day, let alone one day! I also cleaned the bathroom, bathed the dog, vacuumed, made a squash-nut bread and molasses cookies, took the garbage to the curb, burned cardboard and loaded the furnace, changed a lightbulb (it was outside and up a ladder), shoveled some of the driveway and path (just touch-up of what hubby couldn't finish this morning and it was only 1/2" of snow), and played with Bubby. It's 1 pm now.

The squash-nut bread emerged from an acorn squash I baked for dinner one night and it really did look unappetizing. No one ate it. Now, it's a yummy nut bread! I modified a recipe for pumpkin loaf. I my homemade unsweetened applesauce instead of the oil. I used whole wheat flour, 2 packets of stevia and only 1/2 cup of sugar (the recipe called for one whole cup). I added walnuts and raisins. Bubby helped.

Bubby also helped make the molasses cookies. Instead of butter and shortening (I'm low on butter and don't use shortening) I used coconut oil and applesauce. They came out chewy and yummy! Bubby had a molasses beard!

Tonight's dinner is homemade macaroni and cheese with ground beef and steamed wax beans or mixed veg.

Tonight, I think I'm going to curl up in bed with my brand new copy of Passionate Housewives Desperate for God!

Comments

Julie said…
I love reading about how you are preparing food.
Enjoy the book. I really want to loan my copy to my best friend, but I have not been able to let it go yet. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...