One Roast=4 Meals, Christmas Card Time, etc!

Yesterday, I started cleaning out my basement and found the offending dead mouse. I'm so glad to be rid of it. It was in a box of fabric scraps and it gave me a great excuse to throw it away!

Ok, perhaps this isn't the best segway....dead mouse topic to food topic, but bear with me. :)

Thank God for His provisions! I was able to stretch one bottom round roast into 4 meals! The roast was a blessing to begin with. It was given to me by my neighbors (they raise their own beef cattle) for free!

Meal #1: Crockpot roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, veggies. I placed the roast in a crockpot and poured an undrained can of mushrooms over it. Then I added some water and beef bullion and seasonings. I let it cook. Then, I made a gravy out of the broth.

Meal #2: Lots of leftover beef and gravy. I sliced up the beef and added it to the gravy. I made a batch of buiscuts and steamed some carrots.

Meal #3: I had some beef and gravy left over, so I threw it into a stockpot with water, celery, potatoes, carrots, onions, bay leaves, worchestershire sauce, salt and pepper. I topped it off with dumplings and we had a wonderful beef stew dinner.

Meal #4: I have enough beef stew left over for lunch! Pair it with a sandwich or cheese and crackers and YUM!

It's December 1st and for me that means it's time to start Christmas cards. I have over 50 to write and send. Thankfully, last year after Christmas, I was able to get cards at a deep discount, so I stocked up. I have plenty. This morning, I wrote out 10 cards.

The snow we were supposed to get was disappointing. We barely got a dusting. I had insomnia last night and was up from 1:45 am to 5:30 am (and then officially got up for the day at 6:30 am). We just got a light dusting between 2:30 and 3:30 am. Regardless, it's cold and windy today. It's a great day to stay indoors!

Today, I hope to clean out some more of the basement and I have to make cookies. Poor hubby went cookie hunting last night and came up empty. I'm not sure what to do for dinner again. Thankfully, I have next week planned out already! The only thing I forgot was yogurt and I think the batch I have in the fridge is bad. So now I have to do without. I'll have to alter my salmon pasties recipe. I need yogurt for the dough and cream cheese for the salmon. I think I can work something delicious out, though. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...