Memorial Day Weekend

Thank you, veterans! My maternal grandfather and my father are both veterans.

Memorial Day weekend was well spent. :) Saturday, we spent the evening with our neighbors and ordered out pizza. Sunday, hubby had a re-enactment and I went to church. I missed sermon, though. My son messed his diaper and got hungry, so I spent it in the nursery. :/ The sermon was from John 11, so I'll have to read that. After church, I spent time at my parents' house, but decided to come home and putter around the house. I had allergies all weekend, so I was a bit under the weather.

Memorial Day, hubby and I packed up Donald and went grocery shopping. We got 100 mahogany clams and 100 littleneck clams for the picnic. I made strawberry shortcake. At 3pm, we had a family picnic, and for the first time, all the grandchildren got together. We had a photo shoot of course. I played badminton and bocce ball. It felt good to be active and agile again after being pregnant.

My dear grandmother and grandfather were able to attend. My grandfather has dementia and can't get out much. My grandmother is such a lady and has such grace. She's graceful and she's full of grace. She takes care of her husband round the clock. I've always wanted to follow her lead in life. She is leaving such a legacy in her actions and love alone. From her three daughters, she has 10 grandchildren and 9 great-grandchildren (so far). We're all close, we all live close and most of us are born-again Christians.

Hotdogs, hamburgers, turkey burgers, bratworst, polish sausage, clams, potato salad, tuna macaroni salad, fruit salad, italian pasta salad, baked beans, salt potatoes, strawberry shortcake, lemon delight, and melon.

4 generations of family.

From my grandparents in their 70's, to my son who's 2 months old.....it was a blessed Memorial Day.

Thank you, veterans, but most of all, Thank You, Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...