God is working wonders....

I'm frustrated at the time I've wasted. I'm 28 years old and I've been a Christian for nearly 20 years, yet it seems I'm only just getting a good grasp on what God expects of me as a Christian, how I should live, and especially who God really is and what He did and does for us.

The wonderment of Christ's work in my life overshadows the frustration of time wasted, though. He has forgiven me of the time I wasted and the reasons why I wasted the time. The main reason was simply selfishness. Many people call me an unselfish person, but I'm really very selfish.

I just finished the book of Habbakuk today. Did you know I've NEVER read the Bible all the way through? I've been reading it from Genisis to Revelations. To anyone who's a Christian, new or old, I highly recommend reading the Bible in it's entirety before reading any other Christian publication. For married and engaged ladies, after reading the Bible, I highly suggest Passionate Housewives Desperate for God.

I wish I could express better what it going on in my life, but I can't really put it into words. Around me, strong, evangelical Christians are picking up and going where God is leading them. It throws me deep into prayer and sharing my thoughts with the Lord. I feel strongly a need for preparation and my pastor preached on that this past Sunday. Prepare ye the way of the Lord. I'm almost shaking with anticipation.

Well, I'll ramble no more. If you are not a born-again, Bible-believing Christian, I have a message for you from Christ, Himself. Repent, for the time of the Lord is at hand. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes on Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Comments

Mimi said…
Well, I'm not Evangelical (nor do I have plans to be so) but I totally agree and consider reading the bible most every night to be an important part of my Christian walk.

And, on that walk I fall, get up again, fall, get up again...

Hugs to you!

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...