Fabric Doll House

I've been brainstorming what kind of gifts to get my children for their upcoming birthdays. I'm rather sick of the modern play-for-you plastic toys out there. So many of them are so big now, too, they just don't fit in our little cottage.

Anyhoo, I remembered that my sister had a fabric doll house when she was a little girl. An in-depth search online came up dry for me. I found a few houses, but they were either way too expensive or not quite what I was looking for.

I did find a great blog that has a fabric house tutorial on it! It's at: www.uklassinus.blogspot.com

After some thought that kept me up for about an hour and a half last night, I think I just might attempt to make a fabric doll house for my little girl's birthday!

Comments

Linda said…
*love it!*

I just came back from a VERY frustrating trip to the toystore. Now I remember why I normally don't go there. My daughter had received a gift card and we tried to find something in its modest price range.. that wasn't just a cheap, chinese, plastic toy which I could have bought at the dollar store..

pffff.... VERY frustrating.. in the midst of bratz-dolls, skimpy carnaval costumes and violent computer games, I managed to find her 3 activity books... you know, the ones you have to color and puzzle.. I'm glad the gift certificate is gone and I don't HAVE to go into these shops anymore....

greetings from the netherlands!

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...