Fowl Idea and more...

Hubby and I are actually considering raising quail! I'm excited! I have such a vision for our little bit of earth and raising quail certainly fits into that scheme. From what I understand, quail can't survive winters here, but they're usually bought as chicks in the spring and butchered in time for the holidays.

Hubby expressed a desire to be able to work at the farm next door in order to spend more time with his family. The very same desire has been weighing heavily on my heart and mind recently, even more so than usual. Right now we cannot afford it financially. It would take a miracle. I'm stepping out in faith this Christmas season concerning it. How can we put our heads together and make this work?! My mind is swimming and I honestly feel as if someone is deep within my chest screaming, "Cry out to God!"

Oh, if only the farm could at least pay him $20.00 an hour.

We've gone through some tough and stressful times recently. I am in awe of God's work through it all, though. We've been blessed, we're closer than we've ever been as spouses and as a family. We're more content than before.

Well, I best head off to bed.

Comments

Mimi said…
I grew up where quail were native, and they are beautiful, but dumb, dumb, dumb.

It never occured to me to actually raise them, I admit. Best wishes! I can't wait to hear about your quail adventures.

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...