Babies!

I've met two other women online who are due this summer just like me! Babies!! I'm so glad my online gals are excited for me. It's rather sad that those around me here aren't. It's not that they're not happy. Rather than the cheers and hugs I received after announcing my pregnancy with Baby Girl, I get, "Oh." Just a simple, "Oh." It's gotten so bad that I don't even want to tell anyone else I'm pregnant, especially a certain person who only days before I found out I am pregnant told me she hoped God would hold off pregnancy for me. I guess I just don't understand, especially in the Christian community, the neutral to negative attitudes towards pregnancy and babies.

I'll admit, I wasn't aiming for pregnancy this early after giving birth, but every since we started "breeding re-enactors" hubby and I knew we'd take what we were given, when we were given them with such joy and thanksgiving.

I received a call today from Concerned Women for America. Apparently, Obama wants his first action as president to be passing into law the Pro-Choice Act which would completely make abortion in most, if not all forms Federally legal and even if Roe v. Wade were overturned, this law would make the overturning null and void. The law would also force all tax payers to somehow fund abortions. (They've already done that in the county just north of me. Tax payer money was used to pay for an inmate's abortion simply because she didn't want the baby. This went through despite an overwhelming majority of taxpayers and voters who were against this.)

They asked for a donation, but I don't do such things over the phone. I asked them to mail me information and assured them I'd post their website on my blog. Do your homework, contact your politicians, and pray fervently for the unborn in America.

www.cwfa.org

Comments

ive heard from other women about getting comments such as "oh" and "this is it, right?" when announcing a pregnancy past their second...its is sad isnt it? i think babies are blessing and we should be grateful for what we are given, just like you! and im less than a year post partum as well!
Lisa said…
I'm very thrilled for you! Just started reading your blog not too long ago and was so excited when I heard your news, even though I don't know you! I'm 29 weeks pregnant with my third boy and I've also gotten the horrible responses, everything from "You need to get your tubes tied" to "Oh" to "Are you going to try again for a girl?" I don't know what people are thinking, but babies are such a blessing. I wasn't planning on having another baby yet, but God had other plans and I'm so excited to hold my baby when he's born. Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it's the Lord's purpose that prevails - Prov. 19:21

It won't let me post my "real" blog address - so you can visit me here if you'd like - www.gotnodough.com
Anonymous said…
When I was pregnant with number three, I was always told - "anoooother one?!" Then, with number four, it was "don't you think you have enough?"

Well, we're happy for you, you and your hubby and children are happy, and God is pleased.

Children are a BLESSING from the Lord, but some people just don't understand that.
Becky Rose said…
I just found your blog and am glad yo see your against abortion. I am too and wanted you to know about a post I wrote about it.

http://becksome.blogspot.com/2009/02/parenting-begins-in-womb.html

Thanks! Becky

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...