Busy Week!

Woah, have I been busy! This past week just flew by, but it was a good week. We had family to visit in the first part of the week. Then, I had cleaning and projects to do along with a rest period to keep my milk supply up. Wednesday, I spent all day shopping and running errands. Thursday, I took my Dad and Bubby and BabyGirl to the local zoo. Friday, we went to the farm next door and Bubby played for 4 solid hours! In the evenings, we walked back to the farm to watch Daddy work on the bins and silos, getting them ready for the harvest season.

This morning, I opened up my fridge and heard rustling. In the back, a plastic bag was moving. Hubby and I were invited to a lobster shindig last night, but I couldn't go....had to get the kiddos to bed. So, I sent hubby and he returned with 3 live lobsters. I recognized the blessing, but really wasn't thrilled. So, before 9 am this morning, I hauled up my stock pot, put it on the burner on my grill and got the water boiling. With heebie-jeebies and a bit of remorse for the poor living things, I managed to get them out of the plastic bag and into the pot. Then, once they were cooked and cooled, I hand-cracked them and removed the meat. A quick whirr in the food processor and I made a salad and a bisque out of the meat. While at it, I made a cream of asparagus soup, too.

So, this afternoon, we ALL took naps.

Next week looks like it's going to be just as busy, if not busier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...