Love is the thing that enables a woman to sing while she mops up the floor after her husband has walked across it in his barn boots. ~Hoosier Farmer
(Taken from www.homeliving.blogspot.com)
I sometimes tease that the only way I'll have clean floors is when I teach my family to hover. :) I clean my floors nearly every day because my hubby is a boot-wearing man. I can always tell when he's been home and what he did because I can follow the dirt and mud-clump trail around the house.
You may be insisting that I simply can't be all sunshine and smiles over this. To be honest, it is a challenge of grace to be a cheerful wife when I'm mopping floors again and again. I admit that two days ago I felt a bit down when I loving placed fresh bath rugs on a sparkling bathroom floor only to have big, muddy footprints, dirt clumps and sand all over it within half an hour.
You may think my husband's horrible for not taking his boots off. But, you need to remember a few things:
1. I LOVE my husband.
2. Boots are a pain to put on and take off.
3. Hubby works hard every day, so what's the big deal about me cleaning floors every day.
4. It's been unusually muddy this year.
5. I'd rather have to clean my floors often then to not have a hubby at all.
6. You also have to add a toddler who loves his sand pile, and a dog with muddy paws to the mix, too.
So, scrub away I do. Woman's work is never done, but when it is, it's probably the day she finds herself all alone and that's sad.