Maternal Skills

It's amazing how many mothering skills do not just come naturally, but are actually learned. Perhaps that's why they're skills. I sometimes wish I were like animals and had great instincts. I bet I do anyway, I just don't realize it. There are too many outside factors that cause me to self-doubt.

Anyhow, there is one skill that I am naturally good at. I realized it yesterday. It's butt sniffing. Without even thinking, many times I hoist my son up in the air, put nose to bum and inhale in search of those telltale odors.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I do the same thing. :-)
Sherrin said…
I saw your comment on Amy's Humble Musings about your little baby. I dropped by to say how happy I am for you that you have one! I remember your comments on the LAF message board, which I don't go to anymore, and the struggles you had regarding birth control, etc. It is great to hear that you are now a Mum :)!

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...