Signs of Autumn




Even though we're in the dog days of summer, August always lets us catch glimpses of the Autumn to come. This morning, I woke up to a chill in air and wild turkey near the brush line of the farm field. These are two sure signs that Autumn approaches. More signs? My son's pumpkin is turning orange on the vine. My thoughts turn to deep hues of purple, chocolate, royal blue, brick red. Woolens that were happy put away just a few months ago now seem inviting. They are missed, but only just slightly. Summer has its rewards and ease that I don't want to let go of. But, Autumn has its coziness and healthful cool crispness that I enjoy. I am thankful to live in a state that has all 4 seasons in a traditional Currier and Ives sense.

Comments

Mimi said…
I agree, it always surprises me that we go from the Dog Days' heat at the beginning of the month (usually, not this year, our dogs haven't even had summer yet, grin!) to crispness in the air in just a couple of short weeks.

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...