The Ghost of Christmas Past

The Ghost of Christmas Past left a mess!

At least I got most of the pine needles removed!

We had a very nice Christmas here at Taigh Beag. It started Thursday when hubby came home from work and friends came over and ended this evening when I threw the quite dead Christmas tree out the front door in into the front yard.

I know some people hold onto Christmas through the New Year. As for me, Christmas begins December 1st and ends the morning of the 26th. I like having the house back in order by the New Year. In some ways, I'm forced to do this because it involves reorganization to fit the opened gifts in our little cottage.

My 4 year old, standing amid wrapping paper and opened, upended gifts, announced, "This is the best Christmas ever!" I'd have to say that I agree. This has been the best Christmas of his life and the best Christmas I've had in a while! The message at church today was excellent. The friendship and family ties were so warm and loving. There were a few surprises here and there, too.

And for those wondering, hubby and the kiddos got me a digital camera and a box full of tools. Yes, tools, including work gloves and hand sanitizer! Let me put it this way, if we had HGTV, I'd be watching it ALL the time and we'd probably have a hole in a wall somewhere! Hubby knows the kind of crazy woman I am! I do plan on redoing the living room and am thrilled to have my own tools to tackle the project with.

In the meantime, I have a hugely messy house to clean up.

Merry CHRISTmas!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She's Here!

I'm sorry, but I just have to gripe...